• hassieb1

How Nice Is Basmati Rice?

Basmati is a special type of long grain brown rice and white rice. The Basmati Rice is native to both in India and Pakistan. Basmati means fragrance and the perfect name of this grain as it is known as unique and beautiful aroma. It is commonly used for dishes such as Biryani and Palau in India and Pakistan, but the possibilities are endless. organic basmati white rice is mostly found easily.


Flavor the rice before and after cook.

  • Herbs such as parsley can be add for extra flavor with spices such as cumin.

  • Add lemon for little sour taste.


Basmati rice recipe- PILAF:


Ingredients:

  1. Olive Oil or oil of choice

  2. Onion

  3. Minced Garlic

  4. Dried Bay leaf and/or Cumin Seeds

  5. Chicken Bouillon

  6. Basmati

  7. Salt to taste

  8. Other spices of choice.


Method:

  1. Sautee’ onions and seasoning in oil of choice.

  2. Once it is saute, add in water and allow it to boil.

  3. Once the water is boiling, add in rice.

  4. Allow the water to boil down.

  5. Once boiled down, turn heat to a medium-low and cover the rice.

  6. Allow it to cook for 10-12 minutes.

  7. Turn off heat and leave the rice covered for an additional 5-7 minutes.

  8. Uncover and fluff with a fork and enjoy!



Basmati Rice is a long, slender, aromatic grain, cultivated in India and Pakistan.

India exports almost 65% of the produced Basmati Rice all over the world. The remaining 35% is produced in and exported from Pakistan.

Uncooked Basmati grains have the average length of 6.6mm, increasing by an average of 2.2mm once cooked.



Production and cultivation of Organic rice in different countries:


1. India:

India produces 117 M metric tons of Basmati Rice in the provinces of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Uttarakhand, Western Uttar Pradesh, Jammu, & Kashmir.


2. Pakistan:

Pakistan produces 2.7 M metric tons of Basmati Rice in the province of Punjab, specifically between the Ravi and Chenab rivers.


3. Indonesia:

Indonesia produces 8 tons of Basmati Rice for domestic use in West Java and Central Kalimantan.


Health Benefits of Organic Basmati Rice


Organic basmati brown rice is primarily good for:

  • Controlling Diabetes

  • Cancer Prevention

  • Nervous and Reproductive System Protection

  • Normalize Cholesterol levels

  • Weight Control.


Basmati White Rice Facts:

  • Basmati White Rice has a glycemic index between 50 and 58, meaning it is a low to medium glycemic food. For those with diabetes, small portions of basmati rice can be a part of your healthy diet.

  • Basmati White Rice is fiber rich, aiding in constipation and digestive issues.

  • Basmati White Rice is low in arsenic, lowering health risks in comparison to other grains.

See our article: basmati rice recipe

Recent Posts

See All

You Can Make Creamy And Delicious Rice

Arborio Rice is a short grain rice typically use to prepare a classic risotto. It originate in the Arborio state of Italy, and now is farm in primarily in California and Texas as well. Organic Arborio

SUBSCRIBE

© 2020 by Earth's Promise