Know the Basics of Basmati? Here's an Insight:
Basmati rice is special type of rice that are special for their long- grained rice. They are native to sub-continent both in India and Pakistan. Basmati is word originate from India means fragrance and this rice kind is known of its beautiful aroma. It is commonly used for making Biryani and Palau in India and Pakistan but there are any more recipes.
Flavor the rice before and after cooking.
Herbs added for extra flavor.
Onion and garlic also give off aromatics to Organic rice.
Salt added before cooking gives off better taste but do not over salt.
Add lemon for little tangy taste.
You can also add meat and veggies in rice.
Basmati rice recipe- PILAF:
1. Olive Oil - 3-4 tbsp
2. Onion - 1 diced
3. Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
4- Ginger paste- 2 tbsp
4. Dried Bay leaf - 1-2
5. Chicken Bouillon - 1
6. Basmati rice 1 1/2 cup
7. Salt to taste
8. 2 cups of water
1. Heat up oil in a large pan.
2. Add in diced oil and let it cook until it is golden brown.
3. Add ginger & garlic paste.
4. After a minute or two, add the water, bay leaf, bouillon, and salt to taste.
5. Allow the water to come to a boil.
6. Add the drained rice.
7. Allow it to cook on high heat until the water boils down (about 7-8 min)
8. Cover pot and allow it to cook on low heat for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Once it is cooked, fluff with a fork and serve!