Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 30 min. Total Time: 35 min. Servings: 4
Use: Basmati White & Brown, Long Grain White & Brown, Arborio, OR Himalayan Nature
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter OR oil of choice
1 cup rinsed and drained
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups of water (for white rice) 3 cups of water for brown rice
About a teaspoon Kosher salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley and chives
1. In a saucepan, melt butter (or heat up oil).
2. Add the onion and cook on medium-low until onion is translucent. (about 4-5 min)
3. Add in rice and garlic.
4. Mix in thoroughly.
5. Add in water and salt.
6. Mix and bring water to boil on high heat.
7. One water boils down, turn heat on low, cover pot and allow to cook (10-12 min for white rice and 30-32 min for brown).
8. Remove heat and use a fork to fluff rice.
9. Add in chopped herbs and mix.
10. Cover rice and let it sit for up to 20-30 minutes (or serve immediately). Garnish with some lemon juice or additional herbs and enjoy!