How To Cook Basmati Rice? Tips To Cook Basmati Rice
Basmati rice is known for its aromatic grains that are light and easily separate after cooked. It is so simple to cook and here we give you a guide that helps you to cook perfect basmati rice from time to time. Below is a basic Basmati Rice recipe and tips:
Boiled Basmati Rice:
Soaked and cleaned basmati organic rice of 200g in 7 oz. of water for at least 30 minutes.
365 ml water for cooking.
½ tsp lemon juice.
Pinch of salt to taste
1. In a saucepan, add water and allow it to come to a boil.
2. Add in drained rice, lemon juice, and pinch of salt.
3. Stir and allow water to boil.
4. When water boils down, cover and cook at low heat for about 8-10 minutes.
5. When rice cooked, remove the lid.
6. Leave the rice for 5 minutes to leave extra moisture leave the pot.
7. Server the rice by fluffing with fork on serving dishes
Tips to cook Basmati Rice:
Soak in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
Boil the water first and then add rice.
Add a teaspoon of oil/ghee prevents rice to stick together.
For additional taste, you can add spices of choice.
Stir the spoon periodically while cooking.
First cook rice 60 % on high flame and then 20 % covered on low flame.